HOLLYWOOD – The Cinema Audio Society (CAS) has set its timeline for the 60th Annual CAS Awards, which will take place on Saturday, March 2, 2024.
Every year, the CAS Awards recognize Outstanding Sound Mixing in film and television, along with an annual Student Recognition Award. Recipients for the CAS Career Achievement Award and CAS Filmmaker Award will be announced later in the year.
“The CAS is looking forward to honoring the best contributions of 2023 to the collaborative art of motion pictures and television through sound mixing,” says CAS President Peter Kurland. “We also will look at the milestones of our rich 60-year history advancing the art of auditory appreciation.”
60th CAS Awards Timeline:
- Entry Submission Form available Online – Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023, on the CAS website at: www.CinemaAudioSociety.org
- Entry Submissions due Online – 5 p.m. PT, Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023
- Nomination Ballot Voting Begins Online – Tuesday, Dec.19, 2023
- Nomination Ballot Voting Ends Online – 5 p.m. PT, Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2024
- Final Nominees in each category announced – Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2024
- Nominee listing error and omission deadline – Friday, January 19, 2024
- Final Voting Begins Online – Thursday, February 8, 2024
- Final Voting Ends Online – 5 p.m. PT, Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024
- 60th Annual CAS Awards – Saturday, March 2nd, 2024
To learn more about the awards visit: https://cinemaaudiosociety.org/cas-awards/
About the Cinema Audio Society
Formed in 1964, The Cinema Audio Society is dedicated to sharing information with and about sound mixers in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public, motion picture and television industries that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture and television industry with a progressive society of master craftspeople who specialize in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording through the exchange of ideas, methods and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftspersonship among our members; to aid the motion picture and television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve deserved recognition for our members, who are industry leaders and major contributors in the field of motion picture and television entertainment. Visit www.cinemaaudiosociety.org for more information.
Last modified: April 25, 2023