2023 ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA
2023 CAS Student Recognition Award Timeline:
- Entry Application Form available Online Monday, August 21, 2023 on the CAS website at www.cinemaaudiosociety.org
- Entry Applications due Online by 5:00 pm PT. Monday, November 13, 2023
(Partial or incomplete applications at the time of closing will not be considered)
- Final 5 Nominees for the Student Recognition Award will be announced on the CAS Website on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
- Final 5 Nominee interviews are due Monday, January 29, 2024
The 2023 Student Recognition Award winner will be announced during a sealed envelope ceremony at the 60th annual CAS Awards on Saturday, March 2, 2024.
Students must be enrolled in good standing at an accredited college or university during any school term between Jan 1, 2023 and Dec 31, 2023. Students at US or International institutions are eligible provided the school is accredited. All application materials must be submitted in English. Applicants cannot compete for more than 2 years consecutively. Student applications must be accompanied by a recommendation from a professor or instructor.
The CAS Student Recognition Award is given to an individual based on the recommendation of an instructor or professor at the student’s educational institution, their academic accomplishments, enthusiasm and demonstrated potential in the field of sound mixing and/or sound recording for film and television. It is not an award of excellence based on a specific student project. This award is intended for those students who have aspirations in furthering their audio careers, This is not an award for those seeking a career in film-making or sound editorial.
1. Students must submit the following materials online:
A. Unofficial transcript (please highlight and explain relevant coursework).
B. List of projects in which you were the primary person responsible for production and/or post-production sound mixing.
C. Either written or video application
D. A recommendation letter from an instructor or professor.
Please note: Once you have completed and submitted portions A. thru C. of your application, a link will automatically be sent to your professor (via the email provided) to write their recommendation. We highly recommend that you follow up with your professor on receipt of this link! Applications without recommendations will be considered incomplete.
** Shortly after submitting your application and required documents, you will receive an email confirmation that your materials have been received.
5 finalists will be selected and then be asked to submit a 5-minute example of their work and a short explanation of the submission and their role in it.
Applications and all accompanying documents must be submitted no later than Monday, November 13 2023 at 5:00 pm Pacific Time. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Please check the CAS website for the student nomination list on Tuesday, December 12, 2023.
• The CAS Student Recognition Award will be announced and presented at the 2024 CAS Awards. Five finalists will be invited to attend the Awards celebration as the guests of CAS. Any related travel expenses are the responsibility of the student nominees.
• $5,000 will be awarded to the selected student.
- 2023 SRA FLYER —
- PREVIOUS NOMINEES & RECIPIENTS —