LOS ANGELES, Nov. 9, 2021 – Submissions for the 58th Annual Cinema Audio Society (CAS) Awards are now open at www.CinemaAudioSociety.org. All entries must be received by 5 p.m. PT on Dec. 21, 2021. Additionally, the application deadline for the 2021 CAS Student Recognition Award has been extended to 5 p.m. PT on Nov. 19, 2021.
The CAS Awards recognize Outstanding Sound Mixing in film and television, Outstanding Products for Production and Post-Production, as well as the recipient of the CAS Student Recognition Award. The live event returns, March 19, 2022, to the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown at the Wilshire Grand Ballroom, where legendary director and producer Sir Ridley Scott will receive the Cinema Audio Society Filmmaker Award. Also, being honored that evening with the CAS Career Achievement Award is Re-Recording Mixer, Paul Massey CAS.
Visit the CAS awards timeline/awards homepage for this year’s deadlines and updated entry and promotional rules at: https://cinemaaudiosociety.org/58th-awards-timeline/.
58th CAS Awards Timeline:
- Entry submission form is available online on Nov. 9, 2021, on the CAS website at: CinemaAudioSociety.org
- Entry submissions are due onlineby 5m. PT, Dec. 21, 2021
- Nomination ballot voting begins onlineon Jan. 6, 2022
- Nomination ballot voting ends online at 5 p.m. PT, Jan. 18, 2022
- Final Nominees in each category are announced on Jan. 25, 2022
(Nominee listing error and omission deadline is Feb. 4, 2022)
- Final voting begins online on Feb. 24, 2022
- Final voting Ends online at 5m. PT, March 8, 2022
2021 Student Recognition Award (SRA) Timeline:
- Application forms are available on the CAS website at cinemaaudiosociety.org now.
- Application period has been extended. The entry submissions are due by 5 p.m. PT, Nov. 19, 2021
- Finalists are announced on Nov. 30, 2021
- The winner is announced at 58th CAS Awards on March 19, 2022
58th CAS Awards Submission Forms:
About the Cinema Audio Society:
Formed in 1964, The Cinema Audio Society is dedicated to sharing information with Sound Professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public, motion picture and television industries that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture and television industry with a progressive society of master craftspeople who specialize in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording through the exchange of ideas, methods and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftspersonship among our members; to aid the motion picture and television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve deserved recognition for our members, who are industry leaders and major contributors in the field of motion picture and television entertainment.
More CAS Awards contacts:
For CAS Awards sponsorships, advertising, gift bag donations for attendees and Student Recognition Award recipients, please contact:
IngleDodd Media, CASAwards@IngleDodd.com or call (310) 207-4410
For CAS Awards talent presenter pitches, please contact
Vika Safrigina, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (323) 842-2883
Last modified: November 9, 2021