Los Angeles, CA, 3 June 2021— The Cinema Audio Society (CAS) has set the date and timeline for the 58th Annual CAS Awards. The CAS Awards recognize Outstanding Sound Mixing in film and television, Outstanding Products for Production and Post-Production, as well as the recipient of the CAS Student Recognition Award. The live event will return On March 19, 2022, to the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown in the Wilshire Grand Ballroom.
Recipients for the CAS Career Achievement Award and CAS Filmmaker Award will be announced later in the year.
“The Cinema Audio Society is excited to announce their calendar for the 58th CAS Awards and Student Recognition Award,” said CAS President Karol Urban. “2021 promises to be a year of renewal for our community and industry as a whole. We can’t wait to come together once again in person to celebrate excellence in sound for picture and the incredible gift of fellowship in our craft.”
The CAS asks those who will be submitting projects for consideration to please review the revised Rules and Regulations for Entry and Voting, Outstanding Product Entry and Voting, and the Rules for Promotion. These can all be found on the CAS Website under the “Awards Section” at www.cinemaaudiosociety.org
58th CAS Awards Timeline
- Entry Submission Form available Online on Tuesday, November 9, 2021, on the CAS website at: www.CinemaAudioSociety.org
- Entry Submissions due Online by 5:00 pm PT. Tuesday, December 21, 2022
- Nomination Ballot Voting Begins Online– Thursday, January 6, 2022
- Nomination Ballot Voting Ends Online– 5:00 PT. Tuesday, January 18, 2022
- Final Nominees in each category announced Tuesday, January 25, 2022
(Nominee listing error and omission deadline Friday, February 4, 2022)
- Final Voting Begins Online— Thursday, February 24, 2022
- Final Voting Ends Online– 5:00 pm PT, Tuesday, March 08, 2022
58th Annual CAS Awards Saturday, March 19, 2022, InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown Hotel – Wilshire Grand Ballroom, Los Angeles, California
2021 Student Recognition Award (SRA) Timeline:
- Application Forms available Online on the CAS website at www.cinemaaudiosociety.org Thursday, June 3, 2021
- Application period closes Online at 5:00 pm PT. Thursday, November 11, 2021
- Finalists announced Tuesday, November 30, 2021
- Winner announced at 58th CAS Awards, Saturday, March 19, 2022
About the Cinema Audio Society:
The Cinema Audio Society was formed in 1964 for the purpose of sharing information with Sound Professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public and the motion picture & television industry that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture & television industry with a progressive society of master craftsmen specialized in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording by exchange of ideas, methods, and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation, and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftsmanship among our members; to aid the motion picture & television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve for our members deserved recognition as major contributors to the field of motion picture & television entertainment.
For CAS Awards Advertising:
IngleDodd Media CASAwards@IngleDodd.com or call 310.207.4410
For CAS Awards Sponsorships, Talent Presenter Pitches, and Gift Bag Donations for attendees, and for Special Student Gift Bag.
Dorothea Sargent dorothea@IngleDodd.com or call 818.786.4744
Last modified: August 5, 2021