57th Awards Timeline
The Cinema Audio Society (CAS) timetable for the 57th Annual CAS Awards is outlined below. We look forward to celebrating with the recipients for the CAS Career Achievement Award and CAS Filmmaker Award Honoree. The CAS Awards recognize Outstanding Sound Mixing in film and television along with Outstanding Products in Production and Post Production and the CAS Student Recognition Award recipient. We also look forward to welcoming the new CAS 2021 Board Members.
57th CAS Awards Timeline
- Entry Submission Form available Online on the CAS website at www.cinemaaudiosociety.org Tuesday, December 8, 2020
- Entry Submissions due Online by 5:00 pm PT. Tuesday, January 19, 2021
- Nomination Ballot Voting Begins Online– Thursday, February 11, 2021
- Nomination Ballot Voting Ends Online– 5:00 PT. Wednesday, February 24, 2021
- Final Nominees in each category announced Tuesday, March 2, 2021
- Final Voting Begins Online—Thursday, March 25, 2021
- Final Voting Ends Online– 5:00 pm PT, Tuesday, April 6, 2021
57th Annual CAS Awards Saturday, April 17, 2021, Los Angeles, California
About the Cinema Audio Society:
The Cinema Audio Society was formed in 1964 for the purpose of sharing information with Sound Professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public and the motion picture & television industry that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture & television industry with a progressive society of master craftsmen specialized in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording by exchange of ideas, methods, and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation, and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftsmanship among our members; to aid the motion picture & television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve for our members deserved recognition as major contributors to the field of motion picture & television entertainment.