The Cinema Audio Society (CAS) has set the date and timetable for the 55th Annual CAS Awards. The CAS Awards recognizes Outstanding Sound Mixing in film and television. Recipients for the CAS Career Achievement Award and CAS Filmmaker Award will be announced later in the year.
The timeline is as follows:
• Entry Submission Form available Online on Thursday, October 11, 2018 on the CAS website at:www.CinemaAudioSociety.org
• Entry Submissions due Online by 5:00 pm PST. Thursday, November 15, 2018 Monday, November 19, 2018
• Outstanding Product Entry Submissions due Online – 5:00 pm PST. Friday, December 07, 2018
• Nomination Ballot Voting Begins Online – Thursday, December 13, 2018
• Nomination Ballot Voting Ends Online – 5:00 pm PST. Thursday, January 03, 2019
• Final Nominees in each category announced Tuesday, January 08, 2019
• Final Voting Begins Online on Thursday, January 24, 2019
• Final Voting Ends Online – 5:00 pm PST, Wednesday, February 06, 2019
55th Annual CAS Awards Saturday, February 16, 2019, InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown Hotel – Wilshire Grand Ballroom, Los Angeles, California
To view Entry & Voting Rules, click here
To view Rules for Promotion, click here
About the Cinema Audio Society:
The Cinema Audio Society was formed in 1964 for the purpose of sharing information with Sound Professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public and the motion picture & television industry that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture & television industry with a progressive society of master craftsmen specialized in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording by exchange of ideas, methods, and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation, and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftsmanship among our members; to aid the motion picture & television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve for our members deserved recognition as major contributors to the field of motion picture & television entertainment.
CAS is not currently accepting submissions for the 55th annual CAS Awards.
Last modified: August 5, 2021