Awards to be held, January 25, 2020, at InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Los Angeles, CA, 16 May 2019 — The Cinema Audio Society (CAS) has set the date and timeline for the 56th Annual CAS Awards as well as the CAS Student Recognition Award timeline. The CAS Awards recognize Outstanding Sound Mixing in film and television, Outstanding Products for Production and Post-Production, as well as the recipient of the CAS Student Recognition Award.
Recipients for the CAS Career Achievement Award and CAS Filmmaker Award will be announced later in the year.
“This year’s CAS timeline provides the most opportunity for recognition and participation of our members possible within the constraints of the industry’s accelerated award season,” said CAS President Karol Urban. “This year we are also announcing the timeline for our Student Recognition Award. Enriching the next generation is the most profound and lasting gift we can give to the future of our craft. We are proud to have an opportunity to recognize some of the most promising members of the next generation as well as award $5000 to the winner. Additionally, all the student finalists will receive a gift bag, full of software and gear, to help launch their career in sound, last year’s bag was valued at $10,000. The CAS is thrilled to be leading in the recognition of the next generation of entertainment professionals.”
Due to changes in the overall awards season calendar, there are considerable changes in the CAS timeline. The CAS has also taken this opportunity to change the television categories eligibility dates to contenders that air between January 1, 2019, and October 31, 2019. These dates have been chosen in order to prevent any “orphaned” episodes that may not have completed production by the entry deadline. The timeline for next year will be November 1, 2019, thru October 31, 2020. Providing an eligibility period that ends close to our entry deadline allows more members of the television community to have the opportunity to submit their work, participate and be celebrated. The Motion Picture timeline will remain January 1, 2019, thru December 31, 2019.
56th CAS Awards Timeline
• Entry Submission Form available Online on the CAS website at www.cinemaaudiosociety.org Monday, September 23, 2019
• Entry Submissions are due Online by 5:00 pm PST. Monday, November 4, 2019
• Nomination Ballot Voting Begins Online – Thursday, November 21, 2019
• Nomination Ballot Voting Ends Online – 5:00 PST. Wednesday, December 4, 2019
• Outstanding Product Submissions due Online by 5:00 PM Thursday, December 5, 2019
• Final Nominees in each category announced Tuesday, December 10, 2019
• Final Voting Begins Online – Thursday, January 2, 2020
• Final Voting Ends Online – 5:00 pm PST, Tuesday, January 14, 2020
• All winners announced at the 56th CAS Awards, Saturday, January 25, 2020
2019 Student Recognition Award (SRA) Timeline
• Entry Submission Form available Online on the CAS website at www.cinemaaudiosociety.org Monday, June 3, 2019
• Entry Submissions are due Online by 5:00 pm PST. Monday, October 21, 2019
• Finalists announced Tuesday, November 19, 2019
• Winner announced at 56th CAS Awards, Saturday, January 25, 2020
56th Annual CAS Awards Saturday, January 25, 2020, InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown – Wilshire Grand Ballroom, Los Angeles, California
For CAS Awards Entry Rules and Promotional Regulations: www.cinemaaudiosociety.org
About the Cinema Audio Society:
The Cinema Audio Society was formed in 1964 for the purpose of sharing information with Sound Professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public and the motion picture & television industry that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture & television industry with a progressive society of master craftsmen specialized in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording by exchange of ideas, methods, and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation, and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftsmanship among our members; to aid the motion picture & television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve for our members deserved recognition as major contributors to the field of motion picture & television entertainment.
For CAS Awards Advertising: IngleDodd Media [email protected] or call 310.207.4410
For CAS Awards Sponsorships, Talent Presenter Pitches, and Gift Bag Donations: Dorothea Sargent [email protected] or call 818.786.4744
Last modified: June 7, 2019