The timeline is as follows:
- List of eligible Active members posted on CAS Website at 10:00 PST, Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Nomination Ballot Begins Online – Thursday, December 14, 2017
- Nomination Ballot Ends Online – 5:00 pm PST. Wednesday, January 03, 2018
- Final Nominees in each category announced Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Final Voting Begins Online on Thursday, February 01, 2018
- Final Voting Ends Online – 5:00 pm PST, Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Newly elected CAS Board of Directors announced at the 53rd Annual CAS Awards Saturday, February 24, 2018, Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza – Bunker Hill Ballroom, Los Angeles, California
About the Cinema Audio Society:
The Cinema Audio Society was formed in 1964 for the purpose of sharing information with Sound Professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public and the motion picture & television industry that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture & television industry with a progressive society of master craftsmen specialized in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording by exchange of ideas, methods, and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation, and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftsmanship among our members; to aid the motion picture & television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve for our members deserved recognition as major contributors to the field of motion picture & television entertainment.
The Cinema Audio Society reserves the right to change and amend information and schedules at any time.
Last modified: December 4, 2017