The timeline is as follows:
- List of eligible Active members posted on CAS Website at 10:00 am PST. Wednesday, December 14, 2016
- Nomination Ballot Begins Online – 10:00 am PST Monday, December 19, 2016
- Nomination Ballot Ends Online – 11:59 pm PST. Tuesday, January 03, 2017
- Final Nominees in each category announced Monday, January 23, 2017
- Final Voting Begins Online – 10:00 am Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- Final Voting Ends Online – 11:59 pm PST, Monday, February 13, 2017
Newly elected CAS Board of Directors announced at the 53rd Annual CAS Awards Saturday, February 18, 2017, Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza – Bunker Hill Ballroom, Los Angeles, California
About the Cinema Audio Society:
The Cinema Audio Society was formed in 1964 for the purpose of sharing information with Sound Professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public and the motion picture & television industry that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture & television industry with a progressive society of master craftsmen specialized in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording by exchange of ideas, methods, and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation, and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftsmanship among our members; to aid the motion picture & television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve for our members deserved recognition as major contributors to the field of motion picture & television entertainment.
Last modified: March 30, 2017