The Cinema Audio Society (CAS) has set the date and timetable for the 54th Annual CAS Awards. The CAS Awards recognizes Outstanding Sound Mixing in film and television. Recipients for the CAS Career Achievement Award and CAS Filmmaker Award will be announced later in the year.
The timeline is as follows:
• Entry Submission Form available Online on Monday, October 16, 2017
on the CAS website at: www.CinemaAudioSociety.org
• Entry Submissions due Online by 5:00 pm PST. Monday, November 20, 2017
• Nomination Ballot Voting Begins Online – Thursday, December 14, 2017
• Nomination Ballot Voting Ends Online – 5:00 pm PST. Wednesday, January 03, 2018
• Final Nominees in each category announced Wednesday, January 10, 2018
• Final Voting Begins Online on Thursday, February 01, 2018
• Final Voting Ends Online – 5:00 pm PST, Wednesday, February 14, 2018
54th Annual CAS Awards Saturday, February 24, 2018 Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza – Bunker Hill Ballroom, Los Angeles, California
To view Entry & Voting Rules, click here
To view Rules for Promotion, click here
About the Cinema Audio Society:
The Cinema Audio Society was formed in 1964 for the purpose of sharing information with Sound Professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public and the motion picture & television industry that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture & television industry with a progressive society of master craftsmen specialized in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording by exchange of ideas, methods, and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation, and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftsmanship among our members; to aid the motion picture & television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve for our members deserved recognition as major contributors to the field of motion picture & television entertainment.
Last modified: July 24, 2017