The Cinema Audio Society (CAS) has set the date and timetable for the 53rd Annual CAS Awards. The CAS Awards recognizes Outstanding Sound Mixing in film and television. Recipients for the CAS Career Achievement Award and CAS Filmmaker Award will be announced later in the year.
The timeline is as follows:
• Entry Submission Form available Online on the CAS website at: www.CinemaAudioSociety.org Tuesday, October 11, 2016
• Entry Submissions due Online by
11:59 pm PST. Sunday, November 13, 2016 5:00 pm PST. Monday, November 21, 2016
• Nomination Ballot Voting Begins Online – Monday, December 19, 2016
• Nomination Ballot Voting Ends Online – 11:59 pm PST. Tuesday, January 03, 2017
• Final Nominees in each category announced Tuesday, January 10, 2017
• Final Voting Begins Online on Wednesday, January 25, 2017
• Final Voting Ends Online – 11:59 pm PST, Sunday, February 12, 2017
53rd Annual CAS Awards Saturday, February 18, 2017 Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza – Bunker Hill Ballroom, Los Angeles, California
About the Cinema Audio Society:
The Cinema Audio Society was formed in 1964 for the purpose of sharing information with Sound Professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public and the motion picture & television industry that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture & television industry with a progressive society of master craftsmen specialized in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording by exchange of ideas, methods, and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation, and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftsmanship among our members; to aid the motion picture & television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve for our members deserved recognition as major contributors to the field of motion picture & television entertainment.
Last modified: December 2, 2016