52nd Annual CAS Awards Timeline
52nd ANNUAL CAS AWARDS TIMELINE
The Cinema Audio Society (CAS) has set the date and timetable for the 52nd Annual CAS Awards. The CAS recognizes Outstanding Sound Mixing in film and television as well as Technical Achievement in production and post-production. Honorary Awards will be announced later in the year.
The timeline is as follows:
• Entry Submission Form available Online on the CAS website at: cinemaaudiosociety.org Monday, October 12, 2015
• Entry Submissions due Online by 11:59 pm PST. Friday, November 13, 2015
• Nomination Ballot Voting begins Online – Monday, December 21, 2015
• Nomination Ballot Voting ends Online – 11:59 pm PST. Monday, January 04, 2016
• Final Nominees in each category announced Tuesday, January 12, 2016
• Final Voting begins Online on Wednesday, January 27, 2016
• Final Voting ends Online – 11:59 pm PST, Friday, February 12, 2016
52nd Annual CAS Awards Saturday, February 20, 2016 in The Crystal Ballroom of The Millennium Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles, California
About the Cinema Audio Society:
The Cinema Audio Society was formed in 1964 for the purpose of sharing information with Sound Professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public and the motion picture & television industry that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture & television industry with a progressive society of master craftsmen specialized in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording by exchange of ideas, methods, and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation, and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftsmanship among our members; to aid the motion picture & television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve for our members deserved recognition as major contributors to the field of motion picture & television entertainment.