2019 Student Recognition Award Eligibility and Criteria
The CAS will begin accepting applications on June 3, 2019. All applications must be completed and submitted online no later than October 21, 2019. The CAS Student Recognition Award recipient will be announced at the 56th Annual CAS Awards in Los Angeles, CA on January 25, 2020.
Students must be enrolled in good standing at an accredited 4-year degree-granting college or university during any school term between January 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019. Students at US or International institutions are eligible provided the school is accredited. All application materials must be submitted in English. Student applications must be accompanied by a recommendation from a professor or instructor.
The CAS Student Recognition Award is given to an individual based on the recommendation of an instructor or professor at the student’s college or university. The award is given on the basis of the student’s accomplishments, enthusiasm and demonstrated potential in the field of sound mixing and/or sound recording for film and television. It is not an award of excellence on a specific student project. This award is intended for those students who have aspirations in furthering their audio careers, this is not an award for those seeking a career in film-making or sound editorial.
1. Students must submit the following materials online:
A. Unofficial transcript (please highlight and explain relevant coursework).
B. List of projects in which you were the primary person responsible for production and/or post-production sound mixing.
C. Either written or video application
D. Once you have completed and submitted your portion of the application, a link will automatically be sent to the professor (via the email provided) to write their recommendation email address you’ve provided. *We highly recommend that you follow up with your professor on receipt of this link (Application without recommendations will be considered incomplete)
3. Shortly after submitting your application and required documents, you will receive an email confirmation that your materials have been received.
4. Five finalists will be selected and then be asked to submit a 5-minute example of their work and a 1-2 min explanation of the submission and their role in it.
Applications and all accompanying documents must be submitted no later than October 21, 2019, at 5:00 pm, PST. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Please check the CAS website for student nominations on November 18, 2019.
• The CAS Student Recognition Award will be announced and presented at the 2020 CAS Awards Dinner. Five finalists will be invited to attend the Awards dinner as the guests of CAS. Any related travel expenses are the responsibility of the student nominees.
• $5,000 will be awarded to the selected student.
Student Recognition Award Application