2018 Outstanding Product Entry and Voting Rules
55th Annual CAS Awards Outstanding Product Entry and Voting Rules
These are the official Rules, Regulations and Procedures for the Outstanding Product Production and Outstanding Product Post Production for the 55th Annual CAS Awards. Although published in both print and on the CAS Website www.CinemaAudioSociety.org the definitive version will always be the one on the website as it can be updated and amended as necessary.
In addition to complying with the following Rules and Regulations for the 55th Annual Cinema Audio Society Awards, all participants are also bound by the CAS Regulations for Promotion, which are also posted on the CAS Website, www.CinemaAudioSociety.org
Entry Submissions period ends at 5:00 p.m. PST Friday, December 7, 2018
For Entry Submission Forms please visit www.CinemaAudioSociety.org during the submission period for an online form for both of the Outstanding Product categories.
ENTRY SUBMISSIONS AND PROCEDURES:
1. Entries will be accepted beginning Thursday, October 11, 2018. Entry Submission Forms
will be available on the CAS website at www.CinemaAudioSociety.org Once online, fill out your selected category form. Submit the form to receive an email confirmation receipt, which will have instructions for printing the submission.
2. Anyone may submit entries.
3. Entries must be made on the official entry form. Entry forms must be filled out completely.
4. Correct and complete entry information is the responsibility of the entrant. The CAS is not liable for incorrect information entered.
5. Manufacturers who nominate their own product are requested to include a “tear sheet” about the product. Please email tear sheets to [email protected].
6. If an entry is submitted in the wrong category or with erroneous information by the entrant, and the error is not discovered until the ballot reaches the voters, it will be disqualified. If the CAS makes an error in the categorization of an entry or provides erroneous information on a ballot, a correction notification will be issued.
7. Ineligible entries may be disqualified at any stage of the competition.
8. Entrants will receive confirmation of their entries via e-mail.
9. Entry Submissions must be received by 5:00 p.m. PST Friday, December 7, 2018.
If there are 5 or fewer qualifying products submitted in any category, no award will be given in that category for the current year.
To be eligible, Products:
– must have had their initial release between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2018.
– must have unique mechanics, electronics, and/or processes that qualify this submission as outstanding.
– must have a demonstrable advancement to the art, craft, process and/or appreciation of sound.
– must not have been previously entered for a CAS Award.
1. Outstanding Product Production – for products that show a demonstrable advancement in the production of audio for Film, Television, Streaming or Gaming.
2. Outstanding Product Post Production – for products that show a demonstrable advancement in post production of audio for Film, Television, Streaming or Gaming.
NOMINATION – VOTING & PROCEDURES
1. Entrants will be narrowed to the final 5 by a closed door, blue ribbon panel consisting of CAS Board members.
2. Final 5 Nominees in each category will be announced Tuesday, January 08, 2019.
3. Nomination Certificates will be given to all 5 nominated Manufacturers in each category.
4. Final 5 Nomination Ballots will be available for online voting to all CAS Active Members on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
5. Voting on all CAS Awards Ballots will be restricted to CAS Active Members in good standing on October 01, 2018.
6. The final 5 products in each category will be listed on the Nomination Ballot. The Nominees lists shall include title, Manufacturer and a brief synopsis of the Product. Requested from the manufacturer and shall not exceed 200 words.
7. No write-in votes on the Nominations Ballot will be permitted.
8. Nominated products achievements may be withdrawn from nomination only by the Manufacturer.
9. Each of the final 5 nominees in each category must submit a visual of/for their product no later than 15 days following the announcement of the nominations.
10. Each nominee agrees that any film, tape, recording or supplemental printed material that is furnished to the CAS in connection with an entry may be retained by the CAS for file reference purposes. In accepting the nomination and supplying further materials for a nominated Product, the Manufacturer is deemed to have conveyed to the CAS the right to use those materials, at the CAS’s discretion, for incorporation into the CAS Awards presentation. Clips from any such recording or supplemental printed material may be used on or in connection with the presentation or exhibition of the CAS Awards, including but not limited to internet exhibition in connection with promotional activities.
FINAL BALLOT – VOTING & PROCEDURES
1. Final 5 Nomination Ballots will be available for online voting to all CAS Active Members on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
2. Voting on all CAS Awards Ballots will be restricted to CAS Active Members in good standing.
3. All nominated products in each category will be posted online in the Nominations list along with the Final Ballot.
4. The Final Ballot will list all the products Nominated in each category. The nominated Products will be in each category will be listed alphabetically by Manufacturer.
5. CAS Active Members will be allowed to vote for one entry in each category. The nominee in each category with the highest total number of votes shall be the winner. In the event of a tie for first place in the final balloting, awards will be given to more than Product.
6. No write-in votes on the Final Ballot are permitted.
7. Final Ballot Voting will end at 5:00 p.m. PST Wednesday, February 06, 2019.
8. Ballots will be received and tabulated by an independent online voting company.
The 55th Annual CAS Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing will be presented in a sealed-envelope ceremony to be held on Saturday, February 16, 2019 in the Wilshire Grand Ballroom of the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown Hotel.
One award will be given to the winning manufacturer in each of the two categories.
In the event of a tie for first place in the Final Balloting, 1 award will be given to each of the tied manufacturers.
Award winners provided one Certificates of Recognition. Additional certificates may be purchased.
There are often corrections in the lists of nominees from the nomination press release up to the winner’s press release. The winner’s press release should be used as the final and definitive source of winner information.
To download PDF version of the Outstanding Product Entry and Voting Rules, click here