Student Recognition Award Eligibility and Criteria
The CAS will begin accepting applications Saturday, April 15, 2017. All applications must be completed and submitted online no later than
Saturday, September 23, 2017 EXTENDED TO 5pm OCTOBER 23rd 2017. The CAS Student Recognition Award recipient will be announced at the 54th Annual CAS Awards in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Students must be enrolled in good standing at an accredited 4-year degree-granting college or university during any school term between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017. Students at US or International institutions are eligible provided the school is accredited. All application materials must be submitted in English. Student applications must be accompanied by a recommendation from a professor or instructor.
The CAS Student Recognition Award is given to an individual based on the recommendation of an instructor or professor at the student’s college or university and on the student’s accomplishments, enthusiasm and demonstrated potential in the field of sound mixing and/or sound recording for film, television, gaming and/or VR. It is not an award of excellence based on a specific student project.
1. Students must submit the following materials online:
A. Unofficial transcript (please highlight and explain relevant coursework).
B. List of projects in which you were the primary person responsible for production and/or post-production sound mixing.
2. Once you have completed your portion of the application, a link will then be auto-generated and sent to the professor’s email address you’ve provided. We strongly suggest that you follow up with your professor.
3. Shortly after submitting your application and documents, we will send you an email confirmation that it has been received.
4. Finalists will be asked to submit a 2-minute example of their work and an informal introductory video, 3 minutes or under.
Applications and all accompanying documents must be submitted no later than
Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 11:59 pm PST EXTENDED TO 5pm OCTOBER 23rd 2017. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Please check the CAS website for student nominations
the week of 23rd October, 2017 EXTENDED TO THE WEEK OF 20th November 2017.
• The CAS Student Recognition Award will be announced and presented at the 54th Annual CAS Awards in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday, February 24, 2018. Five finalists will be invited to attend the Awards as the guests of CAS. Any related travel expenses are the responsibility of the student nominees.
• $2,500 will be awarded to the selected student. Any related tax liability is the responsibility of the student.
Student Recognition Award Application